Thursday, August 1, 2013

If I told you YOU would be the same in 5 years financially, physically, etc would you be SATISFIED?

I know my experience and my take on things, but I can't begin to know yours or how you feel. What your day to day is like.. So here goes my thoughts. If someone told me that I would be the same in 5 years financially, physically, emotionally, personally, professionally I would not be SATISFIED. THIS is ME. I am ADDICTED to progress, to goals. I like to be moving forward, growing, becoming better, learning, experiencing life and staying the same just isn't my thing.

 In 2007 I graduated college and started a job in the financial industry. During the interview I was asked.. where do you see yourself in 5 years? I saw myself owning a home, earning 100k a year, being able to support myself financially. You see I came from a broken home where $5 was too much to ask for a soccer tournament and brought my mom to tears. I never wanted her to feel hurt from not being able to provide monetarily because her love has made me who I am today, not her money, but that being said I wanted to be able to provide for her in the long term so that she never has to cry over money. That question really had me dreaming and the interviewer seemed impressed by my answers and thought. I was DREAMING of progress, growth, making things happen in my life so that I could love, enjoy, inspire.... fast forward a few years and it was NOT going as I had planned. The boss who loved my interview answers wanted someone with my drive and dreams, but he also had a family and any pay increases for me meant a decrease in pay for him.... so instead he used my motivation for his goals, but NOT for my own. I was broken, defeated and depressed. IS this really all there was to life????? Working day in and day out for someone else who could care less about my goals as his family and his income were more important (rightfully so) but what an awful way to live. I brought this up to him. I told him if you allowed me to build my own clients, to fail, to grow, to progress that I could actually do better for your company. He was afraid I would take my success and leave him....his FEAR caused him to FOCUS sooo much so on losing me to success that he instead lost me to lack of progress. But that is for another topic on law of attraction and on what you focus on your bring about.... so I THREW myself in to training for an Ironman. I had a DEEP burning DESIRE to feel that I was making progress, that I had goals and a GOAL to FOCUS on.. competing in a 2.4 mile swim, 112 mile bike and a 26.2 mile run all in one day should do the trick. This was my band aid to cover up the lack of growth, goals and desire for my job.

 I continued to look for answers, for jobs, for something that would help me find PURPOSE, passion and give me what I really wanted.... to work for myself. To work from home. To make my own schedule. To help others. To feel self motivation and excitement for what I DO each and everyday. To struggle. To improve. To become better. To inspire. To love. To stumble. To progress..... TO DO... instead of to be COMPLACENT in an office working for someone, clocking in and out each day. Now don't get me wrong some people love their jobs or love being complacent and that is okay, but for me COMPLACENCY was killing me, was breaking me down and I was drowning in this so called life.

 I didn't stop searching and one day found this incredible opportunity. I was scared.... I was excited. I almost quit because I had NO IDEA what I was doing, but I was ATTRACTED to my DREAMS. To the possibility of more. To progress. To growth.... to learning consistently!!! I dove in and I didn't give up.. every road block, every frustration thrown at me was more reason to grow, to learn, to become better. I wasn't born an expert and I still have a long ways to go, but that DREAM has led me to this moment. Where I can help others dream bigger, envision more for their life and help them start on the path to reaching dreams they never thought possible.

 I have dreams that are BIG. The crazy thing is I KNOW I will get there. The dream started with firing my boss. Which was done 1 year and a half in to becoming a Beachbody Coach. Then it was buying a house, which we did in San Luis Obispo, CA. Next I wanted to take Paul to Hawaii... done and done. Now my dreams are even bigger. I want to earn a million dollars a year and travel the world. Working from where ever my heart takes me. I will get there.... it will take me time, growth, failure, but I will get there. My income is a direct reflection of the amount of people I help and I just haven't helped enough people yet....but I will. 

Stay tuned as my journey continues. 

No comments :

Post a Comment